Would you like a digital hand-painting of your family member?
Options, Pricing, and Terms and Conditions below:
Send an email using the Clicking Here to commission your own custom painting.
Portfolio (click on image to enlarge)
What is digital hand-painting?
The painting is created from an original digital image using the “brushes” and tools in advanced software like
Photoshop and Corel Painter. The artist renders the final image using a complementary palate of colors with appropriate brush techniques – exactly like physical painting but all digitally. The final image is then printed on real canvas using special print techniques. The result is a stunning image very much like a real oil or acrylic painting at a fraction of the cost – and you can easily have multiple copies.
How to get started?
- It is best to have an original image created specifically for digital painting. The lighting, pose, and costume can be selected for the most flattering result. A suitable existing image could be used, but must be selected carefully – the artist reserves the right of approval of the image.
- The digital image is then used to create the painting and submitted for approval.
- Digital hand-paintings look best when printed on high quality canvas – samples are available for inspection. The prints come in various sizes in standard formats. The canvas prints are mounted, stretched and Gallery Wrapped, ready for hanging. Optionally, the mounted print may be inserted in a standard sized frame.
- Studio Photo Session – several poses and costume changes (approximately 1 hr.) – $95
- On location – within 30 miles of Cincinnati (approximately 1 hr. on location) – $125
Digital Painting on Canvas Prints – 1.25″ Gallery Wrap, mounted and stretched ready to hang (includes digital hand-painting):
- Canvas print up to 11″x14″ – $275
- Canvas print 16″x20″ – $299
- Larger sizes available upon request.
- Each additional person in the image – add $99.
- Additional canvas prints up to 16″x20″ – $99 each.
- Digital image of painting on disk (with print order only) – $150.
- Retouched prints from the Photo Session may be available – request quote on a package.
Terms and conditions:
- Payment for photo session due prior to or on the day of the shoot – no refunds for photo sessions in the event prints are not ordered.
- Proofs from the photo session will be available for selection of image to be painted within 7 days of session.
- Once the image is selected, the painting will be ready in approximately 2 to 3 weeks.
- A proof of the digital painting will be submitted for approval prior to printing.
- Payment for prints is due upon approval of painting proof. No refunds after approval of proof.
- Printing and shipping takes 7 to 10 additional days.
- For multiple subjects, all persons must be on the same digital image.
- Taxes and shipping will be added as required.